Mokabi Lodge is approximately 280km north of Johannesburg and 225km from Pretoria.
Directions are as follows:
- Take the N1 North in the direction of Polokwane (Pietersburg)
- At Kranskop Toll Plaza on N1 take R33 off-ramp to Modimolle (Nylstroom) (12km)
- Go straight through Modimolle on R33 towards Lephalale (Ellisras) and Vaalwater
- Continue to Vaalwater (60km) on newly reconstructed tar road
- In centre of Vaalwater at (the only) 4-way stop, turn right on a tar road, to Melkrivier and Marken.
- At 32km from Vaalwater, turn right at Dorset/Sondagsloop crossroads towards Sondagsloop (11km) on a gravel road passable for ordinary cars — but with caution!
- At Melkrivier/Modimolle T junction, turn left for 0.7km
- At Moletadikgwa entrance on right, pass under thatched gate and follow signs to Mokabi Lodge. The gate will be unlocked for you. Please lock again after entering.
- from Sandton: 3h00 - 3h30
- from Zambezi Road (northern Pretoria): 2h30
- 24° 06' 09" South; 28° 23' 41" East or
- 24.1025° South; 28.3947° East
There are alternative more scenic but rougher routes to the farm for those with suitable vehicles; details will be provided on request.
View Larger Map